Reading Range is a book group that meets monthly (or as the need strikes us) to talk about books selected by the active group members. Here’s the scoop for this book group:
- Meet once-a-month (or there about).
- Members select one book in advance of their assigned month.
Each month is assigned circling through the member’s first name alphabetically.
- The book selector presents the discussion questions if possible. If not, assign a proxy.
Book selection criteria:
- At least five copies (typed or audio) at one or more public library.
- One (preferably more) copy available at the Kalamazoo Public Library (they are our host).
- Only select books that this group has not read together previously (see Book tab).
- Preferably not mid-series.
- Preferably under 300 pages.
Who can attend meetings:
- Those who attempted to read the book AND are ready for spoilers.
- Those who have read the book in the past.
- Those who enjoy the author.
- Those who want to read the book AND are ready for spoilers.
Locations to seek books and to purchase or borrow books:
- Amazon: www.amazon.com
- Barnes & Noble: www.barnesandnoble.com
- Good Reads: www.goodreads.com
- Kalamazoo Public Library: www.catalog.kpl.gov
- Michigan e-Library (MelCat): elibrary.mel.org
- Midwest Collaborative for Library Services: http://ebooks.mcls.org
- Otsego Public Library: http://www.otsegolibrary.org/
- Paw Paw District Library: http://www.pawpaw.lib.mi.us/
- Plainwell District Library: http://rdl-verso.auto-graphics.com/homepages/splash.asp?cid=RDL&lid=RDL
- Portage District Library: http://eps.portagelibrary.info/rooms/index.jsp
- Vicksburg District Library: http://www.vicksburglibrary.org/
- Any others? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add more options here.